Season 3, Ep. 3
When contemplating the equation: hard work + time = success, have you considered where your physical and mental health fit into the formula?
In this episode, we’re joined by Jackie Tapia, a first-generation Mexican American Lawyer with over 22 years of experience, Transformational Life Coach, CEO & Founder of Living Macro, and Host of the Amiga, Handle Your Shit podcast. After 17 years as a lawyer, Jackie realized that exchanging hours for money was taking a toll on her well-being. Recognizing the need for change, she discovered her true calling, transformed her life, and decided to empower and support other Latinas in overcoming challenges and flourishing.
Throughout our discussion, Jackie shares how embracing her true calling and stepping into her authentic self led to a life-changing shift and the opportunity to help others achieve the same. We delve into the impact of being a first-generation immigrant on her approach to earning a living, her father’s inspiring influence, and the significance of heeding the signs of our true calling.
Furthermore, we explore fear, the hustle culture, Jackie’s journey to embracing her fame for what she does, and much more.
Join us for episode 3 of Become Famous For What You Do and gain valuable insights from Jackie’s advice on how to handle life’s challenges.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About the birth of Amiga, Handle Your Shit podcast (2:26)
- Jackie’s realization after 17 years of working herself to exhaustion (6:14)
- Using a lawyer’s skills and abilities in a fun way (12:07)
- The importance of the energy we surround ourselves with (16:15)
- Jackie’s advice for people who want to handle their shit (22:06)
- Listen to your true calling. Society has built us to ignore these things (36:14)
Connect with Jackie: